Monday, December 17, 2007

... Second Annual Holiday Party ...

The holiday party was fun! I would have stopped at that but I was told to provide more detail; it was really fun. Perhaps one of the more impressive things about the night is the amount of diversity represented at the event as far as fields go; your biotechs, defense contractors, strategy and operations, educators, your standard computer techies and even...even, professional athletes!

Before the food arrived, and before everyone was given permission to start eating, the networking opportunity was exceptional. There were new faces; attendees brought guests and long-lost people from general body meetings past. Oh, and a few people that were MySpace and Facebook stalked -- I mean, found.

The food – I’ll call it good. Scratch that – great. Anytime you get to eat a $30 meal – especially for free – it has to be great. Or maybe it tasted really great because they told me it was expensive? Apparently that’s what the Stanford guys want me to believe.

And of course there were your great classic dinner table comments – I would explain but I have to keep this relatively PG rated. I’ll let you try and catch them live next time. Then came the gift exchange. There was definitely the techie touch to some of the gifts – a pen radio and a holiday wouldn’t be a party without a guide to 1001 cocktails (That’s a different drink a day for 30 something months). To summarize, the event was fun and I can’t wait for next year's party.

No comments: